Friday, January 30, 2009

Emerging from my January Coma

So seriously people...to find out that people want me to blog, I have to log onto my mothers blog? I'm a "words of affirmation" type of love language person; I need to hear that I'm wanted in order to feel wanted.

So anyway, I hate this month, it's the worst month of the year, and all this snow has been pretty depressing. What has been going on this month while I've failed to blog?

1. Steelers - I was at the AFC Championship game, and it was a blast. One of the best moments at a sporting event that I can remember was when "Here We Go" was playing and 65,000 people in unison were singing "Pittsburgh's goin to da Super Bowl". You could even heard the Pixburgh accent in the chorus. It was awesome. And, I think I blacked out during the Polamalu interception. My buddy Colin went with me to the game, and when he intercepted it and crossed the endzone, Colin squeezed me so hard in a hug, and I had tears of joy streaming down my face...then I don't remember anything for about 40 seconds. What a moment!

2. Cavs game - I went with Dave, Keith, and Luke to the Cavs game the other night. The weather was frightful on the way home and it made for a bad commute. At Cavs games, the fans are so lame that they have to flash hated teams logos on the Jumbotron while the opposition is shooting free throws, in the hopes of getting the fans to boo. So they flash teams like Michigan, the Yankees and Red Sox, the Celtics and Pistons, and the Ravens and Steelers. They did the Steelers more often than most. So the last time they do it, with about 4 minutes left, it got real quiet, and I just shouted: "Here we go Steelers, Here we go!" I was immediately booed, and I got a couple of people who screamed an "f--- you!" to me from the section next to us. Everyone around us was laughing real hard though.

3. Idol - well, the auditions rounds have kind of sucked. I'm afraid that America might not have any talent that is unmined anymore. I guess we'll have to wait and see. I do love the Hollywood rounds; they start next week.

4. TV - so the sound on my TV stopped working and I took it to Best Buy to get fixed. They ship it out and I pick it up three weeks later (last night)...only to find that its not fixed! I took it back tonight, it will take another week or two before it's back. Argh!

5. Pitt hoops - thinking of the 'nova game is just going to make me angry. Jer and I went to Morgantown, first time I'd ever been there for a hoops game. It was sweet, we played well and killed them, and all those dumb WVU fans...well, they just looked dumb.

6. Bachelor - I like the way the show is shaping up. I think I favor Melissa. I'm still waiting for someone to nominate me for the Bachelor. My mom won't do it, and dates like the one that they had last week in the tent aren't going to make her nominating me any more likely. So if someone else wants to volunteer, let me know.

Fortunately, this month is almost over.

1 comment:

B.W. said...

i will nominate you.
and melissa is my fav too! since day 1!