Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Future Wife Trait # 92

So I haven't posted in awhile, and I thought I needed to say something, since that's what the people (a.k.a. Beth) want. I thought I'd give you another wife trait, and also let you know that I am prepping a big post on my presidential vote.

Wife trait #92 - The ability to iron clothes

I can't iron for the life of me. I can't even say iron. I'm from Pittsburgh, we don't say it right, we say it "arn". Anyway, I love to do things around the house. I love cooking and baking, especially desserts but I can make dinners with the best of the non-professional chef males. I get on cleaning binges every week, dusting and sweeping and polishing, etc. Doing laundry and dishes gives me a great sense of accomplishment.

The one thing I cannot do is iron clothes. I have tried everything, to no avail. Now I have to resort to getting my clothes out of the dryer immediately when they are finished and hanging them up. This leads to hot buttons that burn when you touch them. I've tried the spray stuff that takes wrinkles out; it doesn't for me. I've tried actually ironing, and I suck at it. Basically, I've gone around my adult life (when I've been away from my mom's help) looking like a rumpled mess. "Nothing stays wrinkled" - this is an axiom relayed by my cousin Frank. Well...it stays wrinkled when I'm wearing it.

So, if you are gonna suggest a girl for me to go out with, take a look at her pants and see if they are wrinkled. If they are...NEXT!

2 comments:

Shari said...

There is no such thing as getting clothes out of the dryer before they wrinkle. It's statistically impossible. I think the dryer company and the iron company are in cahoots.

But seriously, I can't imagine any woman turning down an offer like that! If my husband offered to cook, clean, do dishes and other assorted chores in exchange for me ironing his clothes, I'd iron until the cows came home!

Patty said...

So, Shari, fix him up with someone, would you please?

signed,
His Mother