Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Quick Thoughts

Haven't blogged in awhile and don't have much time, so a few quick thoughts:

1. I'm really glad that Election Day is just 6 days away. I haven't posted my endorsement yet (I know, I'll probably be the last major figure in the U.S. to endorse a candidate) but I plan on doing that on Monday. I'm still undecided as of now.

2. My mom, trying to convince me to vote for McCain, says "scissors" any time that I say anything to her about the election. "Scissors" as in the Born Alive Infant Protection Act (or whatever it's called) and how they kill these babies. As in, a vote for Obama is a vote for this act. I'm not going to lie, it's getting annoying.

3. HIPAA - the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act - (not HIPPA as so many people think) and specifically the "privacy rule" - has to be the most ill-conceived piece of unimportant legislation maybe in the history of this country. Nobody has any idea what its intent is, but anytime somebody wants to get a hospital, doctor, workplace, or worker in trouble, invariably they shout about supposed (and false) HIPAA violations.

4. Baseball postseason has been a little dull; c'mon, Rays, we need one series to last more than 5 games!

5. I'm still really depressed about the Pitt loss to (sigh) Rutgers.

6. I would be remiss if I didn't welcome into the world my first 2nd cousin on dad's side of the family. Welcome Jacob Michael Burns! Congrats to Grandpa Grubbs who is a first time Great Grandfather (although a longtime great Grandfather - that was way too easy), to Aunt Carol and Uncle Mike on their first grandchild, and specifically to Chad and Charissa. Congrats!

2 comments:

Patty said...

I'm sure the precious infants find the scissors more than annoying. Just a thought.

Patty said...

http://www.nrlc.org/abortion/ASMF/asmf10.html

A link that tells you what I said is true. It is not pretty, not comfortable to talk about, but a horrible reality that this man running for president voted to make this acceptable as a practice in our country. The land of the free and the home of the brave.