Monday, November 3, 2008

A Quick Story

This story is in three stages:

1. Maybe 6 weeks ago, our family went to Cleveland to visit Aunt Joyce. She is great and we try to get out there and visit her as often as the 5 of us can get together. It's an easy trip, it's family bonding...it is a solid endeavor. So, we were going to Cleveland and we took two cars (I can't remember why). Jer, Mom, and I were in my car, and we're driving along, listening to the radio and singing. All of a sudden, a Tom Petty song comes on, with a lot of harmonica parts, and I pulled out my harmonica (out of the glove compartment) and started playing along. For some reason, Mom and Jer lost it, they were laughing very hard.

2. At small group a few weeks later, this story is brought up, and everybody laughs at me. I still don't understand how this is so funny.

3. This weekend, I drove down to Knoxville. Last week I had taken my harmonica out of my car and put it in my pocket to take it into small group. So, I forgot to put it in my car. Then, when I was driving to Knoxville, there were at least 3 times that I reached for the harmonica...only to find that it was not there. Disappointing.

That is all.

4 comments:

Patty said...

Still no endorsement?

L said...

Wait - you took your harmonica to small group? Was this last week, when I missed it? I hope I didn't miss you playing the harmonica!

I'm just joking with you. :-) Hope all is well!

HB said...

Yeah, Josh. You promised to make public ON MONDAY your choice for our next president.

HB said...

http://www.eyeblast.tv/Public/Video.aspx?rsrcID=2036

You should watch this video before you vote.