Thursday, November 13, 2008

Girl on the Bus

The girl on the bus has not been on the bus in the morning since I saw her on it in the afternoon last week. Perhaps I should clarify this situation a bit, because my loyal readers are maybe not understanding the situation fully. Over the summer, she was on the bus every morning, as was I. Then, one day the bus didn't come, so I took the Duquesne Incline and enjoyed it so much that I did that for about 10 weeks straight. The day after Election Day, I was scheduled to leave a little early, so I did leave at 4:30. The 43E (Mt Wash Express) leaves 6th and Smithfield at 4:38. So I got on, and she was on that bus (I had never seen her on the afternoon 43E). I have woken up each morning since, hoping that she'd be on the morning bus that she used to be on over the summer, to no avail. Six mornings in a row I've woken up at 7am and boarded the 7:25 bus. All I do is shower, brush teeth, and dress. No frills. I like it. However, she has not been on the bus since that fateful day last week. So please do not think that I am not going to attempt to talk to her, which seems to be the assumption made in the avalanche of comments I have received in the past few days.

4 comments:

Patty said...

So Wait....You ARE going to talk to her? this is great news!!

Josh said...

Patty, you didn't listen to all I said. I can only talk to her if I run into her, and that hasn't happened in the last week.

Josh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shari said...

I think you have to risk being all stalker-like and stake out her work place. You said you know where she works, right? See if she's there. Maybe she's just out of town on business, or vacation. People do go on vacation, you know. :) Or maybe she's sick and at home. Who knows? But you'll regret it the rest of your life if you don't try to talk to her. Trust me on that one.